Here are some useful links to regulations and guidelines which relate to the design of ventilation systems in domestic and commercial buildings


In mainland UK, the building regulations are summarised in guidance notes called “approved documents”.  Part F refers to ventilation.

Nothern Ireland 

Yes, Northern Ireland has it’s own set of building regulations!  To make matters worse, they are divided into different headings with their own lettering structure.  Instead of “Approved Documents” we have “Technical Booklets”, and whereas in England and Wales the section which relates to ventilation is “Approved Document F”, in NI it is “Technical Booklet K”.  Confused??


The Irish building regulations are divided into sections which align with the UK regs.  The section that refers to ventilation is therefore also called Part F.,1647,en.pdf